Saturday, November 26, 2011

I have not posted on here in a long time. I don't have a reason for not posting then or for posting now. I guess I'll be cheesy and say I've changed a lot. But I know I'm just as melodramatic as ever. Maybe I haven't changed.
Anyway, my brother got married this week (yay! yay! yay!) and of course the extended family frequently turned to questioning us younger girls about when we were getting married. This thought occurred to me as I was walking home from hanging out with my sister today.
For a girl, trying to get a date at BYU is a skillful endeavor. It's a lot like hunting. It requires the right amount of stalking and blending into the surroundings. And the goal is to acquire something rare and make it yours for ever. Who cares if you kill it in the process?! You might even say that it's a game or a sport for some. Is it rewarding? Heck yes. Do some girls like the challenge? You betcha. Am I up for the challenge? Honestly, no. I don't need to play that game. I'm cool.

And oh yeah, I realized that a contributing factor to my lack of blogging is that I actually started keeping a journal where I can rant and rave without anyone knowing...weird.

No comments: